Get Your Free Consultation


Conroe Child Custody Attorney

Kingwood child custody attorney

Conroe Child Custody Lawyer Serving Montgomery County

When it comes to matters involving child custody and visitation, the overriding factor that is used in making a determination is whatever is in the best interests of the child. Custody disputes can be emotionally contentious, but it is important to remember that the goal is to do what is best for your children.

Attorney Kate Bihm has extensive experience helping people resolve child custody and visitation disputes, as well as other issues related to divorce and family law. For help exploring your custody options, call The Bihm Firm, PLLC in Conroe at 936-788-6100.

Child Custody - Possession And Access vs. Conservatorship

When people think about child custody issues, there are two types of custody that are recognized by the law: possession and access, and conservatorship. Possession and access relates to which parent sees the child on what days and for what amount of time. Conservatorship refers to the right of a parent to make important decisions on a child's behalf, such as health care decisions, religious upbringing, and the like. There are many variables that go into both issues, and Kate offers her clients practical, relevant advice on these issues.

Custody Modifications

Unlike other terms of a divorce agreement, child custody may be modified if there has been a substantial change in a parent's circumstances, or the childs. For example, a job offer that will entail moving across Texas, if not out of the state altogether, may affect a parent's visitation time. In parental relocation cases or other situations where parents or children have experienced significant changes in circumstances, a parent may seek a modification to a custody decree. The other parent may also wish to challenge a requested modification. Regardless of which side you find yourself on, Kate will be there to protect your interests every step of the way.

Contact Our Magnolia Child Custody Lawyer

If you are going through a divorce or find yourself involved in a custody dispute, get help from skilled legal counsel as soon as possible. Call 936-788-6100 or complete an online contact form to schedule an initial consultation with Kate Bihm. Our firm assists with child custody and family law cases in Liberty County, Conroe, Waller County, Montgomery County, Spring, Walker County, The Woodlands, Willis, New Caney, Grimes County, Cleveland, Magnolia, Splendora, Kingwood, and Porter.

Back to Top