Get Your Free Consultation


Conroe Child Support Attorney

Splendora child support lawyer

Conroe Child Support Lawyer Serving Montgomery County

When parents divorce or otherwise split up, child support often becomes a key issue. Whether you are seeking support or are being asked to make payments, it is important to ensure that your interests remain protected while ensuring that your child receives the financial support he or she needs.

Attorney Kate Bihm has extensive experience handling all types of family law issues for people throughout Texas. If you are involved in a child support matter, call The Bihm Firm, PLLC in Conroe at 936-788-6100.

Determining the Amount of Support Payments

In most cases, a relatively straightforward formula is used to determine the amount of support payments. There are guidelines put into place with a number of factors used to calculate support, the main factor being the income of each parent. Of course, every situation is unique, and there are circumstances that may complicate a support determination. Kate can help you know what to expect and inform you of your options when it comes to support payments.

Child Support Modification

Support payments are not necessarily set in stone. If you have experienced a substantial change in your life's circumstances, such as a job loss, you may require a modification to your support plan. This can only be accomplished through the courts. You should never decide to change the amount of the payments on your own. It is important that you act quickly if you have experienced a change that affects your ability to pay support. Inability to pay does not affect your obligation to pay, so you must take steps to modify your obligation if you experience a dramatic change in circumstances.

Child Support Enforcement

Unfortunately, many support cases involve parents who refuse to make court-ordered payments. In these situations, Kate can help you pursue an enforcement action against your child's parent. The purpose of these types of actions is not to punish your ex, but rather to ensure that your child receives the financial help to which he or she is entitled.

Contact Our Porter Child Support Attorney

If you are going through a divorce or are otherwise involved in a child support dispute, Kate is here to help. Call 936-788-6100 or complete an online contact form to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation. We help parents address child support and related issues in Kingwood, Liberty County, Porter, Conroe, Splendora, Waller County, Magnolia, Montgomery County, Cleveland, Spring, Grimes County, Walker County, New Caney, Willis, and The Woodlands.

Back to Top